Monday, October 10, 2011

Which Way??

    [Some] Rules of Writing:
1.  Complete an idea before you start another.
2.  Press forward - try not to waste time erasing and starting something over.*
3.  Make note of any and all ideas pertaining to the plot.
4.  Don't use the all the ideas you write down for one story.
5.  Read, reread, and triple-read after each chapter to catch anything you want change.
6.  Listen to any and all advice - this does not mean do everything they tell you, but listen to them.

    * Backing up and erasing: something I've refrained from doing. Well, you have to break your own rules once in a while, yes? Yes; and that's exactly what I did. I erased four chapters and started a different idea, and so far, so good! Haha, I hardly ever do this - but I could either have just kept going with the original idea; or I could back up then go forward :) I might have to do this again later, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get this out of the book we got you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no--I got 1,2, and 4 from the book; the others I made up.

    ReplyDelete