Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What America Means to Me


    In my book, there is no America - it's been lost, forbidden by Hitler to ever return.
    Since I've been writing about the fall of America and the freedoms that are no longer in play, I've learned more respect for our country and the symbols associated with the States - I know what they mean.
    Lade says that "America is nothing but a wonderful fantasy land."
    We Americans take for granted that we can walk outside without being shot - we can buy a car or groceries - we can do things that other countries won't allow. The fictional country of Ander in my story is nothing at all how America was.
It's funny how you can feel something so strongly that only you can feel. I feel America, much differently that those fighting for our country, but I feel it.
    God Bless the USA :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post kid! You understand and feel America in your own way much like those have served in the military feel America in their own way. I came to appreciate Ander....I mean America =) while serving in South Korea. Many times we don't realize what we have until it is gone. Great post!

    ReplyDelete